Where to Go for the Cheapest Place to Print Posters Online?
If you are looking to print some posters and print the for cheap, this is your one and only guide to do so. We will research all top cheap poster printing companies that provide this service online for the lowest prices available.
We will also include many different poster sizes and poster paper stock so you can have a wider range of price options in regards to what you are looking for. Remember that posters can be printed as color copies and also as regular color press printing used by industrials.
A quick recommendation, it will all depend on how fast you need your posters done (for speed poster printing we recommend color copies), will also depend on the size (color copies range from 11×17, 12×18 and13x19 poster sizes) and quantity (The more posters you need, it becomes convenient to use press printed posters instead of color copies posters)
11″ x 17″ Poster Printing (Standard Size)
Most popular and practical size for posters is the 11″x17″ poster size sheet, this size allows easy inclusion by business owners when you request to add your poster to a window or anywhere to display your promotion in their store, window or wall. Most copier machines will print posters on 11″x17″ by charging you only “2 clicks” (that means, the price of 2 regular 8.5″x11″ sheets of paper) to maintain the price low. If you go a bit bigger in size, you may find that price will skyrocket to “3 clicks” per poster just by adding 1 additional inch all around. Price for these posters can be compared below as the 12″x18″ will be our next subject.
*Quote for 100 units for price sample – Taxes and Shipping not included
- 11″ x 17″ Plain Posters by 55printing = $40.21 (Cheaper 11″x17″ Posters)
- 11″ x 17″ Glossy Posters by GotPrint = $72.32
- 11″ x 17″ Glossy Posters by Uprinting = $85.45
- 11″ x 17″ Glossy Posters by NextDayFlyers = $99.30
- 11″ x 17″ Glossy Posters by Primo Print = $100.12
- 11″ x 17″ Glossy Posters by VistaPrint = $143.39
12″ x 18″ Poster Printing (2nd Most Popular)
As we said before, from 11×17 to 12×18 isn’t much of a jump in size, but some printers will consider this little 1 extra inch, as an entirely new sheet of paper related to the price. This is not the most popular size, but will definitely stand out next to any 11″x”17 posters with those extra inches for height and weight.
This 12″x18″ poster size is not always available in copiers machines which come in very handy if you need some posters printed right away. Instead of waiting 3 business days for the press printed posters to come out from the production line. Remember that using a color copier machine could save you a lot of money when printing posters if they are in the right hands. Others will charge you more just because it’s a fast printing service.
- 12″ x 18″ Plain Posters by 55printing = $55.95 (Cheaper 12″x18″ Posters)
- 12″ x 18″ Glossy Posters by Primo Print = $100.12
- 12″ x 18″ Glossy Posters by NextDayFlyers = $127.55
- 12″ x 18″ Glossy Posters by Uprinting = $201.55
- 12″ x 18″ Glossy Posters by GotPrint = n/a
- 12″ x 18″ Glossy Posters by VistaPrint = n/a
13″ x 19″ Poster Printing (Limited Availability But People Love It)
How are you not going to love a huge piece of sign that will stand out over any other poster placed on any window, wall, board for promotional purposes? the 13″x19″ posters are no cheap, not cheap at all, but it is worth every extra penny you paid for it once you see the final results and how it looks aside from any other of the smaller poster sizes we mentioned before.
So what is the catch with those huge 13×19 posters? The only catch with these is that not every printer or copier will be available to print these big poster sizes and you will be forced to use commercial printers to get them. A few color copies providers are capable of doing this sort of jobs and ready in just a few minutes, IconPrints in Cranston, Rhode Island, specializes in poster printing with copier machine with state-of-the-art quality. For more information on IconPrints please call 1 (401) 365-8155.
*For this price calculation we selected 250 units
- 13″ x 19″ Glossy Posters by NextDayFlyers = $231.84 (Cheaper 13″x19″ Posters)
- 13″ x 19″ Glossy Posters by GotPrint = $234.51
- 13″ x 19″ Glossy Posters by 55printing = $251.59
- 13″ x 19″ Glossy Posters by Primo Print = n/a
- 13″ x 19″ Glossy Posters by Uprinting = n/a
- 13″ x 19″ Glossy Posters by VistaPrint = n/a
Different Paper Types For Posters Printing
80 lb. Paper Posters (Magazine Like Paper
- The simplest and thinnest, most affordable and flexible option
- Durable enough for lightweight paper
- Glossy Finish Available in a vibrant, resistant to markings
- Ideal for indoor displays
100 lb. Paper Posters (A bit thicker than a Magazine)
- The thicker paper choice
- Available in reflective gloss or smooth matte
- Perfect for announcements made in indoor & outdoor venues
10 pt. Cardstock Posters (For a sturdy finish)
- The lightweight cardstock option
- Print one or both sides in matte or gloss
- Both finishes bring out the details on your design
14 pt. Cardstock Posters (Business Cards Thickness Type)
- Available for the strongest & most durable option available
- Color prints more beautiful on this paper type to make sure to stand out in high gloss or elegant matte
- Available for printing one or both sides in high gloss UV protection for outdoor displays
Quick Ways to Design a Poster for Printing
Poster designs are pretty easy as they keep a flat but large landscape for you to splash your art onto. So we are going to enumerate some useful tips for a successful poster design file:
- Big Information: More information can fit within a poster but remember that a poster is often observed from a far distance, so all text and information displayed for your poster should be big and readable at any discrete distance. People often make the mistake to include a lot of information within the poster, ending up with a cluster of information that overwhelms people and potential customers will not stop to look at.
- File Format-Type: Find out if the printer you are going to use (in-house, copier or commercial) has any requirements for color type (RGB or CMYK) or border safe-zone.
- Borders and Margins: Some printers must leave a blank space on top/button and sides, some others can print full bleed all the way to the edge. The design must meet specific requirements and extra “bleed” needed for a professional and well-designed poster.
- Study your local market to make sure the size of the poster you are printing, complies with your competitors and will be accepted for posting on windows, walls, and boards.
- Shop around to find out who provides the cheaper poster printing service online and locally to save some extra bucks.
- Research for in-house poster printers available on staples and many other local printer providers as an alternative choice.
- Reference code: Chimi-Printing-007